Followers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waiting on Kids

So the first weekend with Nathaniel and Nicki was suppose to be a camp out but it has been getting very cold in the evenings (low 30s) and I don't like to camp in the cold. That and it being a holiday weekend the campgrounds were already packed by wednesday! I would have been camping around more people than I have around my house in the mountains. So I promised we would have a campout here BUT we would be able to sleep in our beds....it worked. We have a big campfire ring and we have logs to sit on and Rich fixed a horseshoe pit and we have the makings for Smores! So while we were waiting for them to show I got our dinner ready...Hobos These have been a favorite of the guys since the times we took them camping as kids. I come from a big camping family and my mom made these when we went camping. The above picture is when they are all ready to wrap up. If you would like the recipe for them here it is:



Hobos

I tear off a sheet of the NON Stick Foil, (I know it is a littl more expensive but it is worth it) about a foot and a half long. On that sheet put:

1/3 lb of ground meat in each(not lean)
cut up potato
mini carrots
frozen beans
mushrooms
a little celery
1/3 stick of butter in each
2 T Olive Oil in each
sprinkle with salt and pepper, a little dry cilantro, garlic powder and Dill


Wrap them up making sure to fold over the edges. Wrap that package in another piece of foil the same way. Cook over a hot charcoal fire for 15 minutes each side. Remove from the fire and slit open with a sharp knife and eat right out of the foil if you like!

1 comment:

  1. Leslie - those Hobos are looking good right now! We may try those on the grill. Congrats on your recent Etsy sales and Treasury appearances. The Buckeye Nation is in full swing here in rainy Lewis Center. Another big game this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete